St. Mary's 800
St Mary’s Church has stood in the centre of Mildenhall for 800 years. As part of the
celebrations we are holding a competition to design a logo for the Church 800
Celebrations, to be used throughout 2020, and to give you an opportunity to use
your creative skills.
Your design can be as colourful and bold or delicate and simple as you like but
should represent the church and surrounding community.
You can submit up to two logo designs per person.
The prize for the winning logo design is:
A framed picture of your logo.
A personalised bible to be presented to you at the Christmas Tree Festival 2019
£25 of gift vouchers.
The logo should work when printed in black and white as well as colour.
The logo needs to be clear when viewed from a distance (easy to be read and understood).
· It must be an original design and idea.
Send your entries
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
hand deliver your entries at the competition
post box located in St Mary’s Church.
Be sure to include your name and your contact details (telephone number or e-mail address).
Entries need to be in by 4pm on Sunday 15 September 2019.
We look forward to receiving your entries.
Rules for Competition Entries
1. Designs need to be sent to email@example.com or hand delivered to the competition post box located in St Mary’s Church.
2. Entrants can submit up to two designs per person. Only the first two designs submitted will be considered.
3. Entrants must include their name (first name and surname) and contact details, such as an email address or phone number with their design for contact purposes. This will be the only reason that St.Mary’s Church uses these details.
4. The competition closes at 16:00 on 15 September 2019. Entries received after 16:00 on 15 September 2019 will not be considered. However, we reserve the right to extend this date entirely at our own discretion, if there are insufficient entries. Entrants will be informed of any extension by status updates on the St Mary’s Church Facebook page.
5. Designs will not be returned. Unsuccessful designers will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
6. The winner of the competition will be notified using the provided contact details on 22nd September 2019 by a member of the Parochial Church Council (PCC).
7. Entries will be judged anonymously by a panel, comprised of a minimum of three people, choosing an initial shortlist before selecting the overall winning design.
8. The logos will be judged on the following criteria: Design, Colour, Relevance, Appeal, Originality and Suitability.
9. The prize for the winning design is a framed picture of your logo, a personalised Bible to be presented to you at the service as part of the Christmas Tree Festival 2019 Launch Event and vouchers with the value of £25. The prize is as stated and there will be no cash alternative.
10. The winning logo will become the property of St Mary’s Church, Mildenhall and may be used for the purposes of promoting the church. St Mary’s Church, Mildenhall will have the rights to publish and exhibit the logo on social media e.g. the Facebook page and in all other formats and no fees will be payable for these uses.
11. All logo designs must be the original work of the entrant and must not copy any other designs or infringe/ breach any copyrights.
12. The logos submitted must not have been entered into/ won any previous competitions previously.
13. St Mary’s Church, Mildenhall reserves the right to cancel this competition, change the date, or any of the rules, at any stage, if deemed necessary and if circumstances arise out of its control.
14. By submitting a design, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules. St Mary’s Church, Mildenhall reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time they suspect an entrant has breached any of the rules.
-Launch at the Tree Festival 2019
-Easter Sunday 2020 afternoon: a mystery/passion play about Jesus.
-June 2020: flower displays celebrating weddings and baptisms with photos and gowns, service of thanksgiving. Outside historical fete with games and activities.
-September: a Sunday 4pm Celebration service for the whole community- across the centuries in drama and music.
Also, continuing thoughts about competitions, a quiz, history sharing, a mediaeval music Christmas evening, nature trail, tapestry, church model and more.
We hope that groups, schools, churches, organisations and you will be involved in helping all the events and services to happen.
So, if you have any ideas please let Sue know, and/or come along to the next meeting.