Sundays in August & September
“Exploring Eden, God’s great garden”
Time during the service for children to discover more about God’s world.
up Day Saturday 13th
There is an extra
clean up day as there are lots of jobs to do – inside and out.
There are small and larger jobs - -something that you can do.
Please come along and helpSongs of Praise 21st August 11am
Please give your choice if hymn or song to Ann Leeks by August You are welcome to introduce your hymn if you like to, otherwise Ann will do this for you and include anything you would like toad about why you have chosen the hymn. Please take this opportunity to choose and encourage each other in faith as you praise God. (The hymn needs to be in Mission Praise hymn books for practical reasons, Thanks )
Suffolk Historic Cycle ride
Saturday September 10th
Open Tower Day
(Mildenhall Showcase Day)
Saturday September 17th
11am – 3pm
Adults £3.50 10-16 years £1.50
Also an opportunity to explore this historic place of worship
All proceeds will be for St. Mary’s Building Fund for the upkeep of the church
(This is instead of August Bank Holiday Open Tower )
Recycling Along with the bee world area, as part of our mandate to look after God’s creation we are trying to re-cycle as much as we can. To help in this- please separate the rubbish – In the waste paper baskets- for the blue bin- dry cardboard (please empty left over dregs of coffee and tea from paper cups before putting in the basket), tinfoil, re-cyclable plastic eg. plastic bottles. Plastic bags, cellophane, matchsticks and other things which are presently un-recyclable need to be put in the red bins which are emptied into the grey bins. Thanks.
News for your interest and for your help in putting into action:
1. The grass in the area under the trees opposite the north door is beginning to grow, so the red fencing will be taken away. However, we still need to let this grass become established. So, please avoid parking here. There are now signs on the spaces next to the Cottage rooms as a reminder that these are for people coming to the church who have limited mobility.
2. The fire policy requires a 2nd exit to be open - this will usually be the south door. We will need to do a fire drill in a service soon- as soon as we have the welcome team primed about their roles.
3. Please continue to help to keep distractions to a minimum, by waiting to move from, or to your seat during a pause in the service or a hymn. This is especially so during for example the important time of banns being read, the quiet of prayers, of notices being given, or other times of focusing and listening. Thank you.
4. At a Holy Communion service, for health reasons, as an alternative to taking wine from the chalice, we have some small cups to save you trying to dip your bread in the chalice and the problems that come from this. So, please allow the Holy Communion assistant to give you a small cup and then give it back to them after you have drunk the wine. Thank you. 5. The church may stay open until 8pm on light evenings to allow more people to visit.
6. If you would like to make your gifts to the church by a standing order directly into the church account this would be very welcome. If you are giving in this way, please do not feel that you need to put something on the plate when it passes. Or, if you feel strongly that you would like to have something to put on the plate, we could make a card for you to put on, as a symbol of your gift.
7. If you would like to set up a standing order please speak to Stephanie Palmer. Also, please see her if you area tax payer and you have not yet signed a Gift Aid declaration. This enables the church to reclaim the tax that you have paid on which will increase your gift at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you.