St. Mary's 800 logo competition.
Can you design a logo for the forthcoming celebrations
which will be used on advertising
(and win a prize).
Could you help the PCC Treasurer with any of the following please
1. Making gift aid claim for collection plate money,
2. Counting charity collection money eg: Water Aid, Harvest,
and Christmas card charity.
3. Data input for finance records.
Please see Jean more information
Time Together 21st July 4-5pm
with out door games (Weather permitting) bring a picnic, drinks will be provided
Come along and have some fun
Lark in the park July 13th
Please sign up to help with “Decorating
Cross competition” an opportunity to chat and encourage people
Angel Roof evening arranged by the Breckland Society with speaker Sarah Cassell
All Welcome see poster for more detail
St. Nicholas Hospice Care - Bereavement Cafe A weekly drop in group in Mildenhall Fridays 10am - midday at The Bell Hotel, 25 High Street, Mildenhall
Losing a loved one can turn your world upside down and make you feel lost. Talking about it can help.
The bereavement cafe is a space to talk about the pain of loss but also find courage and strength in knowing you are not alone. Its ok to cry, laugh, to be angry or frightened.
If you have any questions please call Bianca on 01284 715572 or email email@example.com
The advantages include – gift are made by direct debit .(saving counting and banking ) An option of increasing your gift on line with inflation keeping your giving up to date. Gift Aid is added monthly (saving drawing up and making a claim annually) Option to be anonymous. Tokens available if you would like to put something on the collection plate. More info and packs about this scheme are now available. Please see Jean. Also make sure you pick up the leaflet about good stewardship and pray about ideas on how you can help
Blue bin recycling
Please make sure we only use the blue bin for clean, dry paper, card, cardboard, aluminimum cans and plastics which can be recycled.(mostly bottles and biscuit tin liners) Little bits of plastic bags and cellophane etc. cannot go in the blue bin. In church we collect items for the blue bin in the small grey bins – please make sure you have emptied your cup before putting it in the bin.
First Aid box alert
While we hope First Aid will not be needed- if you are not already aware- the First aid box is on the bottom shelf of the hymn book trolley nearest to the main door.
Or at least it should be there somewhere- sometimes it gets pushed to the back, hidden behind a box or buried under papers. Please can we make sure that it is always quickly and easily accessible by keeping it at the front of the shelf and free of any obstructing items. Thank you.
News for your interest and for your help in putting into action:
1. The grass in the area under the trees opposite the north door is beginning to grow, so the red fencing will be taken away. However, we still need to let this grass become established. So, please avoid parking here. There are now signs on the spaces next to the Cottage rooms as a reminder that these are for people coming to the church who have limited mobility.
2. The fire policy requires a 2nd exit to be open - this will usually be the south door. We will need to do a fire drill in a service soon- as soon as we have the welcome team primed about their roles.
3. Please continue to help to keep distractions to a minimum, by waiting to move from, or to your seat during a pause in the service or a hymn. This is especially so during for example the important time of banns being read, the quiet of prayers, of notices being given, or other times of focusing and listening. Thank you.
4. At a Holy Communion service, for health reasons, as an alternative to taking wine from the chalice, we have some small cups to save you trying to dip your bread in the chalice and the problems that come from this. So, please allow the Holy Communion assistant to give you a small cup and then give it back to them after you have drunk the wine. Thank you. 5. The church may stay open until 8pm on light evenings to allow more people to visit.
6. If you would like to make your gifts to the church by a standing order directly into the church account this would be very welcome. If you are giving in this way, please do not feel that you need to put something on the plate when it passes. Or, if you feel strongly that you would like to have something to put on the plate, we could make a card for you to put on, as a symbol of your gift.
7. If you would like to set up a standing order please speak to Stephanie Palmer. Also, please see her if you area tax payer and you have not yet signed a Gift Aid declaration. This enables the church to reclaim the tax that you have paid on which will increase your gift at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you.