The Bible Society Bible Course
An 8-session course helping you explore the world's bestseller.
Accessible and interactive, it will enhance and inform your ongoing Bible study, whether you are new to the Bible or want to go deeper.
Using a unique storyline, the course shows how the key events, books and characters all fit together. You’ll get to see the BIG picture and discover how the Bible applies to your life.
“The bible course is a brilliant and accessible way to understand the full bible story “ Amy Surrey
Wednesday 7pm (to 8.30pm) June 5th and following Wednesdays in the Cottage rooms- please come along and see.
Please see Sue if would like to know more or are thinking about coming.
Diocesan Pentecost Celebration at St Edmundsbury Cathedral: 9June at 4pm “Thy Kingdom Come”. Many of you will know of the Archbishops’ initiative “Thy Kingdom Come” to pray for mission and outreach in our land and internationally. We very much hope that people from every parish in the Diocese will participate in some way including this special diocesan service. .As a sign of the light of Christ with which we are called to shine in our world, we will distribute and light candles at the Diocesan Pentecost Service which will continue to be used in churches, fresh expressions and small groups in prayer in the months ahead. Our hope is that, as far as is possible, every parish and every fresh expression of Church will be able to send at least one representative (preferably many more) to the service to receive their candle.
Open Tower Evening
Friday 21st June
5.30pm – 8.50pm
Adults £5, 10-16 years £2.50
All proceeds for St. Mary's Church Building Fund for repairs
Tickets available from 5pm See poster for more details
Help needed. Please sign up on the rota if you are able to help
Fun Food Faith
Celebrating Summer 30th
with games eco activities, short service and tea
Plates of food to share (easy to eat and cut ready) are welcome
God over us, God walking with us, God working through us June 16th
Beginning 6pm at Kings Church, “God the Creator”
Moving on to Methodist church, “Jesus the Redeemer”
then on to St. Mary's, “The Holy Spirit within us “
followed by refreshments
Lark in the park July 13th
Please sign up to help with “Decorating Cross competition” an opportunity to chat and encourage people
St. Nicholas Hospice Care - Bereavement Cafe A weekly drop in group in Mildenhall Fridays 10am - midday at The Bell Hotel, 25 High Street, Mildenhall
Losing a loved one can turn your world upside down and make you feel lost. Talking about it can help.
The bereavement cafe is a space to talk about the pain of loss but also find courage and strength in knowing you are not alone. Its ok to cry, laugh, to be angry or frightened.
If you have any questions please call Bianca on 01284 715572 or email email@example.com
The advantages include – gift are made by direct debit .(saving counting and banking ) An option of increasing your gift on line with inflation keeping your giving up to date. Gift Aid is added monthly (saving drawing up and making a claim annually) Option to be anonymous. Tokens available if you would like to put something on the collection plate. More info and packs about this scheme are now available. Please see Jean. Also make sure you pick up the leaflet about good stewardship and pray about ideas on how you can help
Blue bin recycling
Please make sure we only use the blue bin for clean, dry paper, card, cardboard, aluminimum cans and plastics which can be recycled.(mostly bottles and biscuit tin liners) Little bits of plastic bags and cellophane etc. cannot go in the blue bin. In church we collect items for the blue bin in the small grey bins – please make sure you have emptied your cup before putting it in the bin.
First Aid box alert
While we hope First Aid will not be needed- if you are not already aware- the First aid box is on the bottom shelf of the hymn book trolley nearest to the main door.
Or at least it should be there somewhere- sometimes it gets pushed to the back, hidden behind a box or buried under papers. Please can we make sure that it is always quickly and easily accessible by keeping it at the front of the shelf and free of any obstructing items. Thank you.
News for your interest and for your help in putting into action:
1. The grass in the area under the trees opposite the north door is beginning to grow, so the red fencing will be taken away. However, we still need to let this grass become established. So, please avoid parking here. There are now signs on the spaces next to the Cottage rooms as a reminder that these are for people coming to the church who have limited mobility.
2. The fire policy requires a 2nd exit to be open - this will usually be the south door. We will need to do a fire drill in a service soon- as soon as we have the welcome team primed about their roles.
3. Please continue to help to keep distractions to a minimum, by waiting to move from, or to your seat during a pause in the service or a hymn. This is especially so during for example the important time of banns being read, the quiet of prayers, of notices being given, or other times of focusing and listening. Thank you.
4. At a Holy Communion service, for health reasons, as an alternative to taking wine from the chalice, we have some small cups to save you trying to dip your bread in the chalice and the problems that come from this. So, please allow the Holy Communion assistant to give you a small cup and then give it back to them after you have drunk the wine. Thank you. 5. The church may stay open until 8pm on light evenings to allow more people to visit.
6. If you would like to make your gifts to the church by a standing order directly into the church account this would be very welcome. If you are giving in this way, please do not feel that you need to put something on the plate when it passes. Or, if you feel strongly that you would like to have something to put on the plate, we could make a card for you to put on, as a symbol of your gift.
7. If you would like to set up a standing order please speak to Stephanie Palmer. Also, please see her if you area tax payer and you have not yet signed a Gift Aid declaration. This enables the church to reclaim the tax that you have paid on which will increase your gift at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you.