Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration Weekend
Friday 10th June
at The Bell Hotel
6.45pm for 7pm start
Tickets available from Sue, Jean (after the services) or from the Cottage Rooms on a Friday between 11am and 3pm
Teams to be made up on the night
Rounds to include The Queen and Royal family
St. Mary’s Church, Garden Party
Celebrating the Queen’s 90th birthday
Sunday June 12th
4pm- 5.30pm4pm Games, crafts and a quiz, time to chat.
4.25pm Crown competition for children
(please make at home and bring with you).
Best hat prize for adults.
4.30pm short service and then
a garden party Tea.
(outside weather permitting).
(easy to eat and cut ready).
Drinks will be provided.
An event for all the community
– all welcome.
News for your interest and for your help in putting into action:
1. The grass in the area under the trees opposite the north door is beginning to grow, so the red fencing will be taken away. However, we still need to let this grass become established. So, please avoid parking here. There are now signs on the spaces next to the Cottage rooms as a reminder that these are for people coming to the church who have limited mobility.
2. The fire policy requires a 2nd exit to be open - this will usually be the south door. We will need to do a fire drill in a service soon- as soon as we have the welcome team primed about their roles.
3. Please continue to help to keep distractions to a minimum, by waiting to move from, or to your seat during a pause in the service or a hymn. This is especially so during for example the important time of banns being read, the quiet of prayers, of notices being given, or other times of focusing and listening. Thank you.
4. At a Holy Communion service, for health reasons, as an alternative to taking wine from the chalice, we have some small cups to save you trying to dip your bread in the chalice and the problems that come from this. So, please allow the Holy Communion assistant to give you a small cup and then give it back to them after you have drunk the wine. Thank you. 5. The church may stay open until 8pm on light evenings to allow more people to visit.
6. If you would like to make your gifts to the church by a standing order directly into the church account this would be very welcome. If you are giving in this way, please do not feel that you need to put something on the plate when it passes. Or, if you feel strongly that you would like to have something to put on the plate, we could make a card for you to put on, as a symbol of your gift.
7. If you would like to set up a standing order please speak to Stephanie Palmer. Also, please see her if you area tax payer and you have not yet signed a Gift Aid declaration. This enables the church to reclaim the tax that you have paid on which will increase your gift at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you.