for SEA SUNDAY
4- 5.30pm 10th
with games, activities, short service and Tea.
For all ages
For more information, please contact Sue 711930
This event is free ,
but plate of food to share welcome cut and ready to eat
St.Mary’s Church, Mildenhall
All-age service of
an interactive service led by
SMYL (St.Mary’s Youth Link)
God loves us”
Friday July 15th
including time for honey refreshments.
“Questions of Faith”- on Sunday July 17th at the 11am service is an opportunity to ask any questions that you would like – about faith, the Bible, Christian ethics and living etc. There will be a box at the back of church for you to post your questions (this can be anonymously if you wish) by July 13th. This will give time to prepare answers, or find the answer. It would be good to have a wide range of questions. So, please get asking…..
Also on August 21st we have a Songs of Praise service- please let Ann know if you have any choices (from the Mission praise hymn books). This is your opportunity to choose what is sung in that service. You are welcome to say why you have chosen the hymn or song, but this is optional.
Recycling Along with the bee world area, as part of our mandate to look after God’s creation we are trying to re-cycle as much as we can. To help in this- please separate the rubbish – In the waste paper baskets- for the blue bin- dry cardboard (please empty left over dregs of coffee and tea from paper cups before putting in the basket), tinfoil, re-cyclable plastic eg. plastic bottles. Plastic bags, cellophane, matchsticks and other things which are presently un-recyclable need to be put in the red bins which are emptied into the grey bins. Thanks.
News for your interest and for your help in putting into action:
1. The grass in the area under the trees opposite the north door is beginning to grow, so the red fencing will be taken away. However, we still need to let this grass become established. So, please avoid parking here. There are now signs on the spaces next to the Cottage rooms as a reminder that these are for people coming to the church who have limited mobility.
2. The fire policy requires a 2nd exit to be open - this will usually be the south door. We will need to do a fire drill in a service soon- as soon as we have the welcome team primed about their roles.
3. Please continue to help to keep distractions to a minimum, by waiting to move from, or to your seat during a pause in the service or a hymn. This is especially so during for example the important time of banns being read, the quiet of prayers, of notices being given, or other times of focusing and listening. Thank you.
4. At a Holy Communion service, for health reasons, as an alternative to taking wine from the chalice, we have some small cups to save you trying to dip your bread in the chalice and the problems that come from this. So, please allow the Holy Communion assistant to give you a small cup and then give it back to them after you have drunk the wine. Thank you. 5. The church may stay open until 8pm on light evenings to allow more people to visit.
6. If you would like to make your gifts to the church by a standing order directly into the church account this would be very welcome. If you are giving in this way, please do not feel that you need to put something on the plate when it passes. Or, if you feel strongly that you would like to have something to put on the plate, we could make a card for you to put on, as a symbol of your gift.
7. If you would like to set up a standing order please speak to Stephanie Palmer. Also, please see her if you area tax payer and you have not yet signed a Gift Aid declaration. This enables the church to reclaim the tax that you have paid on which will increase your gift at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you.