From Sunday 25th March the church will close at 6pm and Compline will be 7.45pm
Jars of Change ( Water Aid Lent Appeal)
During Lent over £440 was raised by collecting jars of change. This
will be sent to
Water Aid and lives will be saved and changed by your help. Thank you.
The birthday of the World church
Sunday 20th May
with games, actviities, crafts a short service and tea.
For all ages Everyone welcome
This event is free but plates of food (ready cut and easy to eat) are welcome
“Celebrating Suffolk Weekend”.
Quiz- Friday June 29th
in church- (some rounds in the quiz will be about Suffolk.)
7.15 for 7.30pm start- more details about tickets later. Please bring a desert to share at half-time.
Soft drinks will be available.
You are welcome to bring your other kinds of drink.
St.Mary’s Academy hope to bring displays about celebrating Suffolk- part of
Radio Suffolk’s call to the county
to celebrate Suffolk on June 21st.
Summer Garden Party
Saturday June 30th
4pm inside/outside at church
–. Activities etc. and tea. more about this later
Songs of Praise Celebration service.
Sunday July 1st 11am
This will be our “Invitation weekend” with a focus on inviting others to come along and join in.
Blue bin recycling
Please make sure we only use the blue bin for clean, dry paper, card, cardboard, aluminimum cans and plastics which can be recycled.(mostly bottles and biscuit tin liners) Little bits of plastic bags and cellophane etc. cannot go in the blue bin. In church we collect items for the blue bin in the small grey bins – please make sure you have emptied your cup before putting it in the bin.
First Aid box alert
While we hope First Aid will not be needed- if you are not already aware- the First aid box is on the bottom shelf of the hymn book trolley nearest to the main door.
Or at least it should be there somewhere- sometimes it gets pushed to the back, hidden behind a box or buried under papers. Please can we make sure that it is always quickly and easily accessible by keeping it at the front of the shelf and free of any obstructing items. Thank you.
News for your interest and for your help in putting into action:
1. The grass in the area under the trees opposite the north door is beginning to grow, so the red fencing will be taken away. However, we still need to let this grass become established. So, please avoid parking here. There are now signs on the spaces next to the Cottage rooms as a reminder that these are for people coming to the church who have limited mobility.
2. The fire policy requires a 2nd exit to be open - this will usually be the south door. We will need to do a fire drill in a service soon- as soon as we have the welcome team primed about their roles.
3. Please continue to help to keep distractions to a minimum, by waiting to move from, or to your seat during a pause in the service or a hymn. This is especially so during for example the important time of banns being read, the quiet of prayers, of notices being given, or other times of focusing and listening. Thank you.
4. At a Holy Communion service, for health reasons, as an alternative to taking wine from the chalice, we have some small cups to save you trying to dip your bread in the chalice and the problems that come from this. So, please allow the Holy Communion assistant to give you a small cup and then give it back to them after you have drunk the wine. Thank you. 5. The church may stay open until 8pm on light evenings to allow more people to visit.
6. If you would like to make your gifts to the church by a standing order directly into the church account this would be very welcome. If you are giving in this way, please do not feel that you need to put something on the plate when it passes. Or, if you feel strongly that you would like to have something to put on the plate, we could make a card for you to put on, as a symbol of your gift.
7. If you would like to set up a standing order please speak to Stephanie Palmer. Also, please see her if you area tax payer and you have not yet signed a Gift Aid declaration. This enables the church to reclaim the tax that you have paid on which will increase your gift at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you.